Date:      Wed, 2 Oct 1996 16:53:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        khetan@iafrica.com (Khetan Gajjar)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Possibly smoked my cvs tree :-(

Khetan Gajjar wrote:

> Mark Murray did suggest quite a few things, the most interesting being
> cvssup. However, this assumes I've got modula3 installed. Over a dialup,
> downloading a 10MB+ tar.gz file is not fun. I want to know if it will work
> though - then I will do it. The (other) obvious alternative is to
> re-download the whole tree - not attractive at all.

	get the binary distribution of cvsup.   it is about 1.2 MB
	when gzipped, 3.2MB when expanded.  you do *not* need modula-3
	installed.  the binary is statically linked.

	it is EXCELLENT!  i can update in 5 minutes, used to take about 40.

	thank you,  john polstra!
jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler           FreeBSD Postmaster             jmb@FreeBSD.ORG