Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 2014 10:04:18 -0700
From:      Patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ruby@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ruby 2.0

Are there any plans to make Ruby 2.0 (or even 2.1) the default Ruby version
for FreeBSD? Most every Ruby developer and company I know has moved past
1.9, and the 1.9 default in FreeBSD makes it impossible to use the official
pkg sources because any pkg upgrade action wants to replace ruby20 with
ruby19. While it's probably best that each of us uses our own pkg
repository built with something like Poudriere, it's definitely not very
convenient given how much work is involved in setting everything up that's
needed to provided a pkg source.

Going from 1.9 to 2.0 is a pretty painless update.