Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 19:14:22 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        dillon@apollo.backplane.com (Matthew Dillon)
Cc:        phk@critter.freebsd.dk, nik@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sitting inside, looking out...

As I recall, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> :No, I think you missed the point.  The T-shirt (or sweatshirt, or
> :baseball cap or whatever) should be special, easily identified as
> :special and available only to the group you're trying to
> :incent/reward.
> :
> :	-crl
> :--
> :Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
>
>     I understand the point.  It's a bad idea.

I disagree.  I've used exactly that kind of incentive for my guys a
number of times.  The most coveted apparel around REZsolutions for a
while was the undyed denem shirt with our logo and the phrase
"REZsolutions Life Support Team" embroidered above the pocket, that
we gave the SysAdm staff after a particularly long, hard
implementation.  Other departments would say, "Keen, how can I get
one of those?" and the answer was, "You can't."  The guys are proud
to wear them.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.net