Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:03:21 +0000
From:      Rasputin <rasputin@submonkey.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   jumping from 3.4 -> STABLE

Mate of mine confessed he hasn't used cvsup ever, and is still on 3.4.

Obviously, I'd like to rectify this - just wondered if there were any gotchas?

STR there was a thread recently about having to go

3.4 -> 4.0
then
4.0 -> STABLE

- does that still apply?

Or is he better off using an upgrade disk?
My own hunch is cvsup would be more reliable, but that's just because I
like it personally.

Thanks!

--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President.  Now
I'm beginning to believe it.