Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 21:31:25 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net
Cc:        plm@xs4all.nl, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More on VM, swap leaks

>> No guarantees, but I found a *major* omission in pmap.c.  Replace the
>> pmap_object_init_pt routine in pmap.c with the following, and see how
>> things go:
>
>Seems to have stood up to everything I've thrown at it so far...

Latest update: No crashes, panics or lockups to date, but I did have
one case of a strange error message from Emacs last night ("Invalid
value for stringp: nil"); however, I was able to close it without any
problems, when usually this would have led to a lockup. I've not been
able to replicate this.

This is *without* last night's code updates (which I'll be compiling
later).

Apart from the isolated glitch, the code is running really nicely now!

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland | http://www.freebsd.org/~jraynard/
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk         | jraynard@freebsd.org