Date:      Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:19:35 -0500
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        kurtbrown@kurtbrown.net
Subject:   Re: Supported Ethernet Hardware documentation note

On Thursday 05 March 2009 8:34:50 pm kurtbrown@kurtbrown.net wrote:
> I just wanted to point out a slight inconsistency in this document
> online: www.freebsd.org/releases/7.1R/hardware.html
>

> The line that reads - Trendware TEG-PCITX (32-bit PCI) and TEG-PCITX2
> (64-bit PCI)
> would be more correct as - Trendnet TEG-PCITX (32-bit PCI) and
> TEG-PCITX2 (64-bit PCI)
>
> I say more correct because the NICs sold by this vendor are marketed
> under the TRENDnet name. In fact some of the other trendnet NICs are
> in your document under the "right" name.
>
> The confusion comes from the fact that the drivers for these products
> were available on their www.trendware.com web site, which now
> redirects to trendnet.com.
>
> Simple eh? Not really. I hope this helps.

Note that the products on www.trendnet.com are newer models (TEG-PCITXR for
the GigE part vs TEG-PCITX and TE100-PCIWN vs TE100-PCIE).  If Trendware is
an older name for TrendNet, then it may be that the only TEG-PCITX and
TE100-PCIE products you would find would be labelled Trendware rather than
TrendNet.  In that case the existing product IDs are correct.  The PCITXR
model appears to be an re(4) card rather than an nge(4) part, btw.

--
John Baldwin