Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 1995 13:14:51 -0600
From:      "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>
To:        se@zpr.uni-koeln.de (Stefan Esser)
Cc:        "Eric L. Hernes" <erich@lodgenet.com>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compaq's builtin pci bus

Stefan Esser writes:
>On Nov 8,  9:42, "Eric L. Hernes" wrote:
>} Subject: compaq's builtin pci bus
>}
>} Is anyone using one of these compaqs with builtin pci ether.
>} If yes, what's the trick to get the bus probed?
>
>Which version of FreeBSD is that ???
>Please try the boot floppy from the latest SNAP,
>and if it doesn't work, send verbose boot messages
>(output with "-v" entered at the "Boot: " prompt).

I originally tried with the 10/05 snap, that's where
it failed.  I just tried again with -current.  The probes
are working, and the device is recognized but it
gets `no driver assigned'.  Now the kernel panics somewhere
in the mount code after it's up and running. I'll probably
upgrade the machine to -current and see if the panic goes
away. I suspect that it's -snap binaries with a -current kernel.

>Try setting the port address to 0x7000, since this
>has been reported to be the value choosen by Compaq's
>PCI BIOS. Don't know the IRQ offhand, though.

you mean:
device lnc0 at isa? port 0x7000 net irq 10 drq 0 vector lncintr

instead of
device lnc0

>Regards, STefan
>
>--
> Stefan Esser, Zentrum fuer Paralleles Rechnen		Tel:	+49 221 4706021
> Universitaet zu Koeln, Weyertal 80, 50931 Koeln	FAX:	+49 221 4705160
>=
> http://www.zpr.uni-koeln.de/~se			  <se@ZPR.Uni-Koeln.DE>

thanks,

eric.