Date:      Mon, 8 Jan 2007 21:44:14 -0600
From:      "Noel Jones" <noeldude@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a bit OT - VPN+Windows

On 1/8/07, Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>
> > could You put me to some manual about configuring any king of VPN (with
> > encryption at least, preferable compression too) with windows machines as
> > clients and FreeBSD as servers.

OpenVPN gets my vote as an easy to use cross-platform VPN.  Runs on
just about everything. Compression is available, password or
certificate based authentication, high level encryption, NAT and
firewall friendly.  The add-on windows GUI makes installation and
setup easy for non-unix types.

/usr/ports/security/openvpn
docs and good sample configs: http://openvpn.net/
windows gui: http://openvpn.se/