Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2010 20:12:49 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rc.d and environment variables

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:27:52 +0600, Victor Sudakov <vas@mpeks.tomsk.su> wrote:
> Colleagues,
>
> The svnserve daemon is started from /usr/local/etc/rc.d/svnserve. I need to
> pass the environment variable KRB5_KTNAME=/home/svn/svn.keytab to the
> daemon on start. How do I do that?

If the user corresponding to the svnservice has a login
shell, which would usually be the system's default
dialog shell, the C shell, you could edit /etc/csh.cshrc
and put

	setenv KRB5_KTNAME /home/svn/svn.keytab

to make it a system-wide setting (or use the user's
~/.cshrc for a user-only setting).

In case the user does NOT have a default shell, I think
you should be able to also define a system-wide environmental
variable by coding

	KRB5_KTNAME=/home/svn/svn.keytab; export KRB5_KTNAME

into /etc/rc.local (which will be executed at system startup).
See "man rc.local" for details.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany