Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 18:45:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone have success updating to XF86 3.1.2E ?

> Hello,
> 	I am running 2.1.5 release of FBSD and I have installed the XF86 Distrobution that came
with the install program. I am wondering if anyone had also installed the version of
XF86 that I had installed and had upgraded to 3.1.2E ? I would like to know, what
types of problems the person faced, did they have to goto older betas to get to 3.1.2E?
> 	Any and all help is appreciated.
> 		-Thank you

I am now running 3.1.2E, and I have been tracking the betas since the beginning
of the year.  You should read all of the documents at www.xfree86.org pertaining
to the betas.  Start with the general faq.

I had no problems with installation at any time.  I suspect there may be a bug
in the code, because I am having some trouble with the Xserver crashing on me.

I use it because I have one of the new Diamond 34xx 968 boards with the IBM
ramdac.

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088