Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 1997 19:25:22 -0400
From:      Louis-Philippe Alain <xenub@boisfrancs.qc.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MX entry in named... Problem with delivering mail...

Hi everyone!
	I setted up a second domain name on my server. The DNS is well setted and
I don't have problem with it. I made an MX entry on my mail server to allow
my server to receive mail on the domain and I added the new domain to
sendmail.cw too. When I'm connected to my server by PPP, I tried to send me
an email at xenub@newdomain.com . It worked just fine. I went at school (a
totally different network) and tried to send me an email at
xenub@vetements257.qc.ca . It worked just fine. But one of my users
complained that someone tried to send him an email and here is the error he
got:

The original message was received at Mon, 8 Sep 1997 05:35:20 -0600
(MDT)
from pcaxs02.pccw.petro-canada.ca [156.44.137.181]

<falco@vetements257.qc.ca>

550 <falco@vetements257.qc.ca>... Host unknown (Name server:
mail.boisfrancs.qc.ca.vetements257.qc.ca.: no data known)

The user falco is a valid username on the machine and when I try to email
him from my network it works fine. The part I don't understand in the error
message is: (Name server: mail.boisfrancs.qc.ca.vetements257.qc.ca.: no
data known). Why is it trying to find this server
mail.boisfrancs.qc.ca.vetements257.qc.ca. ?? The problem is it with my
configuration or with the server of pcaxs02.pccw.petro-canada.ca ?? BTW,
mail.boisfrancs.qc.ca is my old domain name.

What does this error mean and how can I fix it? Is it with my server or
with the user of petro-canada.ca that the problem is...

Thanks a lot for you answer!

Louis-Philippe Alain
Internet Bois-Francs