Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 11:13:13 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, erich@uruk.org, terry@lambert.org, dutchman@spase.nl, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Glitch in install procedure.

> Well, I added the geometry warning by popular request, I can just as
> easily remove it for the same reason. :-)
>
> Is there general agreement that the geometry warning is bogus?

It's bogus unless the kernel knows the per drive geometry so it can
know when to warn.  THe kernel knows the per drive ID geometry, but
it does not have a mapping of drive ID to special device, making
the information practically useless.

The warning isn't (can't be) very effective under those circumstances.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.