Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 01:53:01 +0000
From:      bsd@mail.gld.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP and PAP

    I have successfully setup server pppd. Only, can't figure out how to
except PAP loggins without requiring them to go through a normal
login first, then running pppd and authenticating again with PAP, which
seams kind of redundant.
    From what I understand so far, during a PAP login the server is
supposed to recognize that a packet driven login is occuring and by pass
the normal login and instead do a ppp PAP authentication. Anyone know
how to do this with FreeBSD?

Thanks,
-Mike

Michael C. Shultz