Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 2009 23:38:27 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Cut/Paste with USB mouse inoperative

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:13:12 -0500, Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 'X' has nothing to do with it. It fails to work both in and out of 'X'.
> With the old mouse it worked fine.

The moused program offers a diagnostics mode:

	# moused -f -d -p /dev/ums0

Maybe you can try this and see what really happens when you
press the buttons? The -i option is interesting, too.

> Way more trouble than it is worth. I might just go back to the old
> mouse. Strangely enough, the new mouse works perfectly under Windows so
> I know it is not broken.

If it does work there, but not in FreeBSD, it might have a
strangely constructed firmware which justifies the statement
that it is "broken by design"... :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany