Date:      28 Oct 2002 21:05:00 -0700
From:      Joe Warner <rootman22@attbi.com>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org, Linh Pham <question@daemonnews.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux For Managers Part 2

--=-x353VeAHKw2+57AtCgro

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 14:58, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> On Monday 28 October 2002 22:42, Derek Barrett wrote:
> > What Postgres had alot of success with, was they basically just asked
> > everyone in the community that was using it, to come back and let them
> > know. This was awesome, because what came back was very surprising, we
> > learned that Cisco, BASF, and the .INFO domains all use Postgres. Postg=
res
> > recently beat out Oracle (there were about 15 firms and they all were
> > proposing to us Oracle) to host the entire .ORG registry.
> >
> > I feel that FreeBSD desparately needs to update its case studies. We sh=
ould
> > follow the Postgres example. Heck, I'll even set something up like the
> > Postgres Advocacy site, if people want to let everyone know that their
> > company is using FreeBSD.
>=20
> I'm currently working (with the support and cooperation of some other peo=
ple)
> on a FreeBSD PR site, as discussed earlier here on -advocacy, which will
> debut (hopefully) on Wednesday. We could do something like this on the si=
te -
> keep things on one site to make things simpler :). What do you think?
>=20
> Best regards,
>=20
> Arjan
> avleeuwen@piwebs.com

As Arjan just mentioned, we currently have a PR initiative in progress
and this thread is evidence enough that there are quite a number of
people who feel that FreeBSD needs some help in the area of advocacy and
PR.  If anyone is interested in helping out, please let me, Arjan or
Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> know or just post to
-advocacy.  Keep watching -advocacy for related posts.

Thanks

Joe

>=20
>=20
--=20
Support your local Search and Rescue unit -- get lost.

--=-x353VeAHKw2+57AtCgro

--=-x353VeAHKw2+57AtCgro--