Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 16:29:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        drifter@stratos.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any one still use UUCP?

	Yup, -chat is perfect place for this.
	As far as north America: UUCP is almost dead. Yet, in some other
parts of the world where Internet is not yet fully developed, UUCP is
still in wide use. I know for sure that it is used in Russia since data
lines are very low quality and are also scarce. Hence it is very important
to continue shipping uucp with Unix because *a lot* of people in other
parts of the world rely on it. If you will be doing most of the admin work
in the US, you will most likely never even hear word UUCP. *grin*

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."
                        Linux == DOS of the Unix world.