Date:      Wed, 07 Feb 2001 06:39:49 -0500
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        Lisa Goulet <Lisa.Goulet@versatel.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Missing makefiles in ports

Lisa Goulet wrote:

> Now I have the problem that make complains "your port uses an old
> layout...". I did as I found in some of the postings and deleted the pkg and
> patches diretories in the ports. But I still get the error.

Well, you could clobber /usr/ports and cvsup the entire thing from
scratch. That's one way.  The other way, I think, involves applying the
ports upgrade kit, and then re-cvsupping.  Sorry, I wouldn't know about
this method, since I prefer the occasional rm -rf /usr/ports and
cvsupping from scratch.

-Donn