Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 2014 20:43:06 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <khairil.yusof@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Example of ppp, ipv6 configuration for LAN gateway

I can't seem to easily understand from the handbook or googling basics on
getting ipv6 setup for typical home network server connected to ISP with
ppp.

ipv4:

- re0 is internal eth device
- tun0 is ppp device, tun0 ip is default gateway
- gateway enabled
- dhcpd.conf
- nat via pf (not needed on ipv6 of course)

Standard ipv4 server setup, tun0 external ip is gateway, default router for
LAN is 192.168.0.1 (gateway server IP), which then forwards to external
tun0 gateway. ipv4 clients get address and routing via dhcp.

ipv6:

- re0 is still internal eth device
- tun0 is ppp device, but no IP
- ipv6_gateway is enabled
- re0 inet6 rtadvd accpet
- rtadvd (to broadcast ipv6 addresses)

Now if I enable HISADDR6 in ppp.conf, run ndisc6 tun0 to get IP, and add it
to re0 manually. IPv6  works OK for the gateway server, but not for LAN.

Is there any examples on the Internet to have basic configuration where:

- gateway server automatically gets ipv6 addr from tun0/ppp device
- gateway server shares correct IPV6 route for other ipv6 devices on LAN
via re0

The manual and sources I find on the internet all seem to be a mix of
tunnel brokers, host only and even dhcpv6 options. I'm just looking for
simple setup similar to the IPv4 home gateway to ppp setup above.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.