Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 96 19:48:39 -0600
From:      Benjamin Tomhave <tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A slight problem...

Yes, I'm back.  I think that I figured out my PCVT problem.  It's my guess
that it is related to the fact that, after I have compiled the kernel for
PCVT instead of the SCO console (which is sc0 versus vt0) and reboot my
machine, I see a little error message go floating by that says something
to the effect of it can't find vt0 or doesn't know what it is.  That
seems to be a wee bit of a problem as the entire darn console
configuration revolves around it.  Well, maybe not that severe.  But,
after that, it all goes downhill with errors like can't find
/usr/.../mountdtab or something like that a few other errors.  I can
login ok, and for the most part can move around and all, but it isn't
perfect.  The reason I want to use PCVT instead of SCO console is because
I am dealing with an assortment of UN*X flavors which I need to connect
to, etc.  With the SCO emulation, I get little bits of garbage when I try
to communicated with other machines (little binary fragments is what it
looks like).  If anybody can help me with this, I would appreciate it as
it is well over my head, I think (maybe not, but I kind of doubt it).

Thanks for your time and help!

-ben