Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:41:48 -0600
From:      Adriel Ickler <adriel@adriel.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   shared memory in 4.2

ever since I upgraded from 4.0 to 4.1, I have had problems with fxtv,
the error is:

shmget() failed: Cannot allocate memory

someone suggested I tweak the sysvshm in kern.ipc.shmmax, that actually
does work, but only temporarily, if I run the box for more than 24 hours
than not even 256MB of shared memory is enough for fxtv.

it has to be some kind of memory leak, if anyone has suggestions, please
let me know.  This worked perfectly in 4.0, and I never had any sysv
shared memory problems till 4.1.

Thank you.
Adriel Ickler
Network Administrator	-  adriel@jlms.com
Self Trading Securities	-  Voice:	512-263-2769
www.selftrading.com   	-  Fax:		512-263-2141