Date:      Tue, 07 Oct 1997 11:28:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Finicky SDRAM

I'm sorry to post this here. It's really not FreeBSD related, but I'm
in kind of a jam, and I hope someone can help me.

I recently bought an M-Tech R534F mb with Cyrix P200+ and generic
SDRAM. Apparently this SDRAM isn't happy on the board. It crashed
every time when I tried to install from CD with SDRAM but the install
goes OK with simms. (I assume the RAM is the problem since I saw the
same behavior with another mb).
My vendor will swap the SDRAM for Hyundai or
Samsung electronics, but will not refund my full purchase price  (I
bought this two months ago), so I'd rather go with the swap than take
a $25 dollar loss. Does anyone have any experience with these
mobo/proc/memory combos? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Greg