Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 2014 21:20:27 -0800
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: centos 4 bhyve guest

> I believe only CentOS-6.x and newer are currently supported.  I am in a
> similar predicament where I'd like to port some development CentOS5.x
> systems and am unable to.

  With CentOS 5.11 it's possible to get some early kernel output by
setting the "earlyprintk=serial" kernel command-line option. But, this
disappears when the switchover to the main console happens.

> I'd be keen to learn what issues exist preventing this and see if I can
> help in any way to get older CentOS systems supported.

  I suspect that Centos 5 does boot, but without console output there's
not much that can be done :( It might need some Linux kernel builds and
insertion of debug to work out why the console settings from grub aren't
being used.

later,

Peter.