Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:42:22 -0600
From:      Eric Liedtke <jesus@musinghalfwit.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.5->Current Update

So I cvsuped last night and did a make buildworld and make buildkernel,
both of which finished without a problem however when I did a make
installworld it died right away with the cp command giving usage
details.
Make install however chugs right along, until it gets to chpass where
the
last line printed is
[ ! -e /usr/bin/chpass ] || chflags noschg /usr/bin/chpass || true
and then sh cores. When I popped the core, open in gdb it was listed
as failing with sig 12 bad system call. When I execute the last line
directly on the command line it executes without a problem. The only
way I have gotten it past this point is to manually remove the files
installed
e.g. chpass, chfn , ypchpass, ypchfn ...etc....I'm just generally
confuse why
this is failing. It seems pretty straightforward and I can't see why it
would
fail. Any help would be appreciated.

-Eric Liedtke