Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 17:29:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sean Harding <sharding@ophelia.uoregon.edu>
To:        KapuT <malartre@aei.ca>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Simply Change the name of FreeBSD-Newbies

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, KapuT wrote:

> Simply change the name of FreeBSD-newbies for Newbies-Chat
> or something like that
> Why do battle to question just because the name is confusing???

I can see why it would be confusing. However, the fact of the matter
is...Each and every one of us got an e-mail explaining exactly what the
list is for when we signed up. If people didn't read that message, they
aren't likely to read the welcome message for any other list, and things
would not be better.

As it is now, the names of all the groups are freebsd-*. I like it that
way because it makes for easy filtering without having to filter anything
that has @freebsd.org in it. Obviously, it would be easy to fix, but some
things are best left unchanged ;-)

Sean

--
"Believe me, the truth is we're not honest. Not the people that we dream."
 --10,000 Maniacs, "Eden"