Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:54:04 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Gerard <gms08701@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kdelibs3 fails to build

Gerard wrote:

> Ok, this is the 2nd time since kde3 has been out and Im unable to build
> it.
> I tried searching -ports and -questions and google and didn't find any
> thing relevant.
>
> Im running FBSD 4.5 Stable with a fresh cvsup of ports last night.
> The previous time I tried installing kde3, I deleted all the ports
> (pkg_delete -f *), and I got this error.
> Last night I just deleted kde2libs, kde2base and qt2.
>
> I dont have the exact error in front of me, but it
> fails because configure of kdelibs couldn't find mcopidl
>
> Anyone have any ideas about this??

I just got through adding kde-3.0.1 to my system. The only error I had
was building kdelibs-3.0.1, which AlanE fixed on 15 June 2002. That
fix allowed me to install all of kde-3.0.1 and build packages of all
of the ports.

If you cvsup ports-all, you have to rebuild the index after the cvsup
by using "make index" or "portsdb -uU". You could be using old
dependancies and the new make files.

I don't know how kde-3.0.1 is but the older version was much easier to
install with XFree86-4.2.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart