Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2007 17:01:09 +0100
From:      Vince <jhary@unsane.co.uk>
To:        Federico Lorenzi <florenzi@gmail.com>
Cc:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>, User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WPI Driver Support (WAS: Re: mode 11g, but 6Mbps)

Federico Lorenzi wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> (OFDM/6Mbps)

>> (or at
>> highly
>> >
>> > Hi Federico,
>> >
>> > Actually I'm 4 meters away from the AP.
>> > I know that wpi is still in pre-alpha state ;-)
>> >
>> > Tnx
>> >

>> Heh, at least you have some connectivity - mine is still using none!
>>
>> none0@pci8:0:0: class=0x028000 card=0x135c103c chip=0x42228086 rev=0x02
>> hdr=0x00
>>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>>     device     = '3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller'
>>     class      = network
>>
>> Driver either fails to initialise, or panic's my -CURRENT laptop :)
>>
>> I'd think its highly likely that performance issues are due to
>> pre-release quality of the driver.
> I have the same problem too, which forces me to use a 2 year old atheros
> pcmcia card. I take it you are trying the perforce version right? I don't
> suppose you could give me what error message you get so we could
> 'compare'. Mine is something about not being able to allocate memory.

Heh for me I can now load the driver, and even associate with a non
encrypted access point, but i cant pass traffic and it soom panics the
machine (keep meaning to give Benjamin Close some debug output to see if
he can help but I havent time at the moment.) I'm using the version from
the latest tarball
(http://people.freebsd.org/~benjsc/downloads/wpi/20070615-wpi-freebsd-7.0-current.tgz)
It seems to actually be the latest version (I think the date he put on
its wrong ;)

Vince