Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 15:48:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PRE_SMPNG snap

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, John Baldwin wrote:

>Err, AFAIK, the only instability atm is that under heavy load some ahc
>controllers seem to hang (or possibly the ahc driver is getting out of
>sorts and hanging.)  However, the problem is not so bad that you can't

I've had a ton of experience with ahc lately, as those of you who follow
-questions, -stable, or -scsi know.  r1.48 of aic7xxx.c is horribly
broken.  I can't get current snaps after that revision was committed to
even boot on machines which use aic7892 or 29160 controllers.  Every
boot it panic's immediately after probing the scsi controllers.  I
haven't had time to review just what dfr's changes in 1.48 did or why
they might be causing this, but it doesn't look pretty.  There are some
pretty major diff's between 1.47 and 1.48.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying