Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:50:22 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/gnu/usr.bin/perl Makefile

In message <20000812220942.B77195@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 01:51:28PM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:
: > : With this change, however, you probably don't want to use BUILD_SUIDPERL
: > : as the tweakable knob as we would still be building it.  Perhaps just
: > : 'SUIDPERL' would be a better option name, but that is another bikeshed
: > : that can be painted later.
: >
: > 'ENABLE_SUIDPERL' might be a better shade for that bikeshed.
:
: Why not put ``ENABLE_SUIDPERL="NO"'' in /etc/defautls/rc.conf.  Then in
: /etc/rc, right after /usr is mounted, check the value of
: `ENABLE_SUIDPERL' and either "u+s" or "u-s" it.

I'm not sure I like having setuid automatically enabling or disabling
at boot.

Warner