Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:39:36 +0200
From:      Martin <nakal@nurfuerspam.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ATA DMA timeouts [FIXED]

Hi,

thank you, whoever fixed it and whatever it was, but -STABLE is
stable again for me. The ATA DMA timeouts have disappeared with
yesterdays kernel.

Looking at the CVS tree, I notice that there weren't many
changes to the ATA code before the problems appeared and
also when it has been fixed.

More info:
I didn't update world to build this latest kernel and there
were no changes in my kernel configuration. There is still
one and only difference. I updated the nvidia-driver this time.
I wonder if an "old" nvidia-driver can lead to ATA DMA errors.
I don't think so, but I just want to tell you to make my
report complete here.

(Btw, nvidia-driver triggers a "panic: spinlock rm.mutex_mtx
not in order list, when using "option WITNESS" without "option
WITNESS_SKIPSPIN".)

Thanks,
Martin