Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 11:19:58 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Bragging rights..

dennis wrote:
> on their switches. If you
> think its the next "great upgrade" you're badly mistaken.

Why?  I don't see where the regional bell's *motivation* is at all the issue.
I understand that you're pretty biased against ISDN in favor of your own Frame Relay
solutions, but let's not go trying to adjust reality to fit the picture you'd like it to
be!  If people buy ISDN, it will be a success.  So far, people are buying ISDN and all
the technical criticism in the world you may have won't change that fact one iota.

I think we're arguing at cross purposes.  I'm talking about what the end-user wants and
you're telling me what they SHOULD want and, in Dennis's ideal world, would want.  Sorry,
but you clearly haven't been a user in nearly long enough to have informed opinions about
that anymore - you have a high speed sync serial "hammer" and now you insist that
everything looks like a nail.

> Of course you value you're time much less than I do. Little checks...they're
> a pain just to cash.

Yeah, you're right Dennis - I clearly value my time less.  I must be, since we're having
this pointless debate! :-)

Also, WRT the little checks, I guess you'd have told Dave Thomas to take a hike if he'd
come to you for startup funding too, wouldn't you?

Dave:  "I need just a $10,000 and you can have 10% of the whole business.  I want to
call it "Wendy's" and the idea is that we'll sell a good burger for under $2.00"

Dennis: "What?  You want to sell burgers for 2 bucks?!  You're nuts! People want to pay
$20 for a clearly superior burger, not $2!  You'll lose your shirt!  Take a hike,
you idiot!"

Yeah, I can picture that.. :-)
--
						Jordan