Date:      Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:07:31 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@submonkey.net>
To:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ng_tee, right2left, et al

--hoZxPH4CaxYzWscb

I've discovered an application for which netgraph looks perfect, so have
just started reading the docs whilst paying proper attention.  I started
out with ng_tee as it looked the simplest, but I've found myself
confused already.

The manpage for ng_tee says:

 Tee nodes have four hooks, right, left, right2left, and left2right.
 All data received on right is sent unmodified to both hooks left and
 right2left.  Similarly, all data received on left is sent unmodified
 to both right and left2right.

 Packets may also be received on right2left and left2right; if so, they
 are forwarded unchanged out hooks right and left, respectively.

Now that last bit looked wrong to me; I would have though that a packet