Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 10:20:43 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        danb@airmail.net (Dan Baritchi)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wd7193 pci scsi controller drivers

Dan Baritchi stands accused of saying:

> I am running FreeBSD2.1 and I have a wd7193 PCI SCSI controller.
> By any chace, does anyone know where I can find drivers for this?
> Maybe someone is working on drivers?

... maybe you could pester WD for documentation for the controller and write
your own driver, or pass the docco on to someone who could?  AFAIK, the
controller's basic architecture is derived from older WD SCSI controller
chips, so it shouldn't be too hard to write for.

> I know there is much better support for Adapted than Western Digital,
> but this SCSI controller has a great feature that I haven't seen in
> any Adapted SCSI controllers. At boot time, it allows me to choose
> whether I want to boot from my first IDE or any of my SCSI devices.
> No more inconvenient boot menus.

How is this different from a boot menu, pray tell?