Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 1999 12:42:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "David E. Cross" <crossd@cs.rpi.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, schimken@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: More death to nfsiod (workarround)

:>      AMD is a rather complex piece of software.  It's creating a situation
:>      that the kernel isn't happy with but I really don't have time to delve
:>      into it ( anyone else care to take a shot at it? ) on top of everything
:>      else I'm doing.  If there is any way you can avoid using AMD, I would
:>      avoid using AMD.
:Late yesterday I was able to determine how amd was mounting the partitions,
:and I was able to replicate it with a hand-mounted filesystem.  I was in the
:process of digging through NFS packets between 2 hosts when I made the
:observation "Hey, this isn't UDP".  I then hand mounted a filesytstem with
:"mount_nfs -2T -r 8192 -w 8192 server:/path /mnt" ran my test, and it failed :)

    There are lots of areas of NFS that need work, and TCP is one of them.

    I think there is a fairly good chance that we can solve the TCP problems.

						-Matt