Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:34:16 -0400 (AST)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bsb@iSpheric.com>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Linux Emulation Troubles

G'day folks.

A recent buildworld (I believe around 21-Nov-2001) seems to have botched
Linux emulation on me.  Since then I've tried unsuccessfully to fix it,
including several build/install-world, build/install-kernel which went
without error, and pkg_delete'ing linux_base.  Unfortunately, I can't get
the linux_base package to reinstall.

The error I get when I try to run 'linux' is as follows:

link_elf: symbol seminfo undefined            <-- on the console
kldload: can't load linux: Exec format error  <-- at the shell prompt

I'd appreciate any help in getting this resolved.  Please let me know if
any further information would make trouble-shooting easier.

Thanks much.

Cheers,
Bryan

| Bryan Bursey                     | Phone:  902.445.3007 (Home)     |
| iSpheric ISP                     | Fax:    902.425.7646            |
| Halifax, Nova Scotia             | Email:  bsb@iSpheric.com        |