Date:      Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:48:41 -0600
From:      Michael Martin <mgmartin@comcast.net>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB 3.0 Fails To Attach Western Digital My Book 3.0

On 11/06/2010 10:26, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Saturday 06 November 2010 17:00:46 Michael Martin wrote:
>> On 11/06/2010 03:31, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Can you revert the last patch I sent an apply the attached one?
>>>
>>> Then repeat the testing like last time.
>>>
>>> --HPS
>> Here are the results:
>> http://appliedtechnicalknowledge.com/freebsd/usb_30_hub_patch/
>>
>> I used one drive/port for the testing.  da0 not recognized on first
>> boot, but came up after an unplug cable/plug cable.
> Hi,
>
> I will have a closer look into this tomorrow. Does your device work when first
> recognized? What read/write speeds do you get?
>
> --HPS
The device doesn't work when I try to import the zfs pool on the drive.
The drive shows up in camcontrol ok.  I initially exported the zfs file
system to avoid attempts to mount it on boot.  Once da0 is recognized by
the kernel and camcontrol devlist shows it, I try a zpool import on the
file system.  The zpool import command hangs--sometimes the entire
computer locks up, and I hard reboot the computer.  I captured the usb
logs during the zpool import for you there which captures some zfs i/o
errors.

mm