Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 16:55:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        "Altair Demetrio Jr." <ademetriojr@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Tremayne Smith <tre@hicksequipment.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRCD?

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Altair Demetrio Jr. wrote:

> You can always get a better ircd than the one that comes with FreeBSD.
> In my opinion, bahamut developed by the DALnet coding team. You can
> get it at ftp://ftp.dal.net/.

Let's not start an ircd holy war in the wrong place, or confuse someone
who's already chosen a perfectly functional server. Yes, bahamut is
fine. So are ircu, glx and hybrid. And yes, 2.10.x is also fine... and
IMHO the simplest for the budding IRC admin.

Stick with what you've installed. You can always change it when you have
the confidence and experience to juggle ircds without breaking them.

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/