Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 11:13:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.1-RELEASE problem?

On Wed, 14 May 1997 lars.falch@dbergstrom.dk wrote:
> I have been trying to install 2.2.1-RELEASE several time - but
> everytime I get the same error.
 [ ... ]
> ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libdes.so.3.0"

I just installed one yesterday and had no problems so it's not
a corrupt distribution.  Course I installed DES, maybe something
is always expecting DES?

I'd suggest downloading and installing the des files
(2.2.1-RELEASE/des/des.* + install.sh).

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com