Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 02:30:46 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.org>
To:        Sara Gronim <sgronim@panix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP conections

> Hi people, great to be back on this list.
>
> 	I recently aquired a PPP account with Digital Telemedia
> Incorporated. I set it up for my Windows 95 box, it took about three
> minutes, thats wonderful. What I really want PPP for is FreeBSD.
> I followed the instructions in the handbook on creating ppp.conf and
> ppp.linkup. Apparently they do not give me a static ip address. I have
> attempted several times to correct the "ifaddr" line in ppp.conf to work.
> it errors with "system not in configuration file." is this a problem with
> /etc/hosts? ppp.conf? could you people please send me some help! maybe
> examples? Thank you very much, I have appreciated your help in the past.

There are links to all of the ppp docs from

  http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html

If you mean "Destination system not found in conf file", it means
that the destination system (that you specified on the command line
or in the config file) is not in the config file (/etc/ppp/ppp.conf).

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <bri@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;