Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 09:33:33 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Subject:   Re: Legacy ethernet cards in FreeBSD

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 02:27:31PM +0100, Koster, K.J. wrote:

> If there are people who are cleaning up the support for older network cards
> in FreeBSD I'd like to help out by sending you my old NICs. It's not like
> they're any good to me without OS support.
>
> Please contact me off-list for any of the following cards:
>
>   3Com 3c503        ISA
>   DEC Etherworks    ISA
>   DEC DE205         ISA
>   SMC EtherEZ       ISA
>   RealTek "TP-Link" PCI

That's great, thank you! :-)

When I had similar problems, I searched the web site for relevant PRs
and found that although the problem wasn't widely known, I was not alone.

As far as the DEC cards go, see PR misc/18641, we have been
trying to get some old DEC cards to Paul Richards so that he can work
on a fix for the le(4) driver, but fate keeps getting in the way.
(BTW, I'm using these fine with FreeBSD 3.3 but 3.5 and above don't work)

Please contact Paul if you can arrange to send the DEC cards to the UK.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-