Date:      Sat, 08 Jan 2011 13:00:30 +0000
From:      ben paley <ben.pyttipanna@spooty.net>
To:        Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8.2-PRERELEASE and Flash

On 01/04/11 15:54, Chris Brennan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 10:16 AM, ben paley <ben.pyttipanna@spooty.net
> <mailto:ben.pyttipanna@spooty.net>> wrote:

>     I've followed the steps at
>     http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/desktop-browsers.html without
>     any errors, except that neither Firefox nor any other browser will
>     play flash movies. about:plugins doesn't show a flash plugin.

> Did you try symlinking nsplugin.so to $HOME/.mozilla/plugins ? this is
> usually what I end up doing to make it work. I forget if 64bit flash was
> fixed or not, if it wasn't you may need nswrapper or the like to run the
> 32bit plugin binaries.

Thanks Chris, and also to George Liaskos and Alex Goncharov for your
help. The symlink doesn't work, but oddly it's working perfectly in
Konqueror now. All I had to do was scan for plugins. It's not ideal
because I'd rather do without KDE entirely (not because I don't like it,
just because this machine isn't whizzy enough for it) but takes the
urgency out of it a bit.

Thanks again.

Ben