Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:07:36 +1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
From:      Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Support for Win2K Dynamic Disks in -STABLE?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Michael Smith wrote:

>  I would guess that this is using the EFI GPT, which we do not support.

Looking at the Intel docos, it seems EFI GPT is for IA-64 systems only. As
some Dynamic Volumes do not have partition tables written to them (unless
you upgrade them from Basic), it's probably not possible to install
FreeBSD on them. It seems the disk info is kept in a Disk Management
database instead. Hummm... where's all this documented then?

--
Juha
Take off every sig!