Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:20:25 +0200
From:      Martin Schweizer <pcservi@spectraweb.ch>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Samba / Firewall / PopTop (VPN)

Hello

The following situation:
1 FreeBSD 4.6 Server. There is running IPFW, Samba and PopTop (for VPN, MS
CHAPv2). In the lan behind there is running a M$ fileserver. I can access
from  the Internet to the above FreeBSD server with encryption and also to
the  file server with Win9x and Win NT clients. For this I had to open
the ports 137-139 (UDP and IP). All works great. Are these steps correct?
Can somebody connect my samba server and  compromise it? If yes what I'm
doing wrong?

--

Regards

Martin Schweizer
<info@pc-service.ch>

PC-Service M. Schweizer; Gewerbehaus Schwarz; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch