Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 10:52:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Martin Larsson <sopppp@home.se>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fstack protector

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Martin Larsson wrote:

> hi is there any way to build 4.8 release with this fstack protection?
> or atleast some ports is there any good info on this? the only page i found was that ibm page but it seemed outdated.
>
> //martin

The instructions shouldn't need much updating, things haven't changed all
that much.  Take a stab at it, post instructions once you have it working.
:)

(When I last tried it on a 4.7 box, it did require a bit of tweaking to
the patch, but it wasn't too major.  The big issue was to not repeatedly
apply the patch, as patch is dumb, and it kept appending the newly added
stack protector patch file to itself each time.  That confused me greatly
at the time.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack