Date:      Mon, 15 May 2006 22:04:17 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: USE_RC_SUBR question

--=-+N4qeYXzk1T63P4Mc7aQ

Larry Rosenman p=ED=B9e v po 15. 05. 2006 v 14:57 -0500:

> I just converted one of my ports to the new USE_RC_SUBR=3D convention, an=
> realized
> after it was committed that I screwed up, and installed my own version of
> the rc.d/ script
> as well as the one USE_RC_SUBR installed. =20
>=20
> In trying to fix it, I have a couple of questions:
> 1) is there an (automated?) way to get which version (exilog or exilog.sh=
)
>    so I can stop the process on uninstall?

Not easily.  You can evaluate ${OSVERSION} and pass the script name into
plist using PLIST_SUB.  Exact ${OSVERSION} values can be found inside
bsd.port.mk.

For the systematic solution in the future, check out ports/93373

> 2) is there a way to get at the Environment Variables (I can use either
> PostgreSQL or
> MySQL, and would like to have the startup script have the right REQUIRE
> lines for=20
> rcNG.

Put %%SERVER%% in your rc script and have it replaced using SUB_LIST in
the Makefile.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

East or west, ~ is best.

--=-+N4qeYXzk1T63P4Mc7aQ
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-+N4qeYXzk1T63P4Mc7aQ--