Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:54:16 +0100
From:      Alessandro de Manzano <adm@unixmania.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   autoreboot on green_saver exiting

Hello!

I've a quite annoying problem: my FreeBSD 4.5-stable (of march, 5th)
sometimes reboots itself apparently when the green_saver screensaver
exits.

I find the machine perfectly running (quite idle, it's an home
machine) and the monitor is in power-standby mode (orange led), as
should be since I'm using green-saver.ko .

But when I press any key to turn on the monitor, about 1 time on 10 the
machine reboots itself.

In the logs there are no hints about the problem, just a "crash" in
"last" output.

I'm running this configuration with green_saver since about 1 year.
The monitor is on another power line so should not be the reason of the
reboot.

I start thinking it's a software related problem..

I'm quite sure all kernel / modules / world are in sync.

Does someone have an idea ?

What could be the problem ?

Many TIA !

--