Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 08:05:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad Keyboard problem

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Tim Vanderhoek wrote:
>
> > I just upgraded from a prerelease snap of 2.2 to 2.2.2-RELEASE.
> > Since then, I've noticed a rather bad problem,
> >
> > Occasionally, FreeBSD will begin acting as if my Control key is
> > constantly pressed.  That is, a `j' will generate an '^J'.  This
> > would occasionally happen before the upgrade but I was always

Urg.  This problem goes away when I map all combinations of lctrl
and rctrl to cr, instead of just lctrl...  I had assumed that
this wasn't the problem since it worked before...  My
apologies...  I sent the question quickly and paid for it... :(

Regardless, unless someone correctly this definately means that
it is a bug with syscons, so I'll file a bug report eventually
(unless someone corrects me first).

[heh.  which reminds me of the ~2 pages of bugs (mostly man
typos) I was going to check for in 2.2.2, but wiped-out in my
muffed-up upgrade... :-[

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk