Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:33:54 +1000
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        fewtch@serv.net
Cc:        Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Asking Sue nicely, no personal Emails... (was Re: How import

On Sat, Jun 27, 1998 at 09:39:37PM -0700, Tim Gerchmez wrote:

> My mail reader in Windows (Eudora) allowed server-side filtering - I.E. if I
> didn't want to receive a message, the mail reader wouldn't download it at all,
> just instruct the server to delete the message.  My BSD Email program doesn't do
> that, AFAIK (I'll have to check more carefully).

I'm sorry, I won't change my habits daily on the basis of the quirks of
whatever software you happen to be running. Perhaps you should look
around. I noticed that your style of quoting has deteriorated recently.
At first I thought you were being humorous but it seems to be associated
with the use of your new mailer. You might want to take a look at mutt.
For filtering, try procmail. They're both in the ports.

> I have a right to control what goes into my private mailbox, and to
> request that others don't send me mail, for whatever reason I please.

Certainly you do! You have permission to unsubscribe from -newbies or any
other list any time you wish if you'd really prefer to to receive the
type of mail the list provides. Let me know if you need any help with
this or anything else.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-