Date:      Sat, 9 Mar 1996 17:18:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      straka <straka@indirect.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   panic: unwire: page not in pmap

While booting from the boot floppy in 960303-SNAP, the kernel panics with
the message

panic: unwire: page not in pmap

This occurs after all the hardware probes have been completed and the screen
blanks just before bringing up the sysinstall menu. I tried booting from the
960226-SNAP boot floppy only to get exactly the same panic.

My system consists of an AMD486DX4/100 on a PCI motherboard with an IDE
harddrive.

I tried both boot floppies on my other system which is an Intel 486DX2/66
on a VLB motherboard with an IDE harddrive and the sysinstall program
executed properly with no panic.

Seems like this problem may be due to the AMD processor. Any help on this
would be greatly appreciated.

                                        Richard Straka
                                        straka@indirect.com