Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 15:03:12 -0600
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, rpt@miles
Subject:   Re:  asWedit binary - which one?

>I am looking for a hmtl editor to start playing with composition.
>I found a unix beast (asWedit) that comes in the following binaries from the
>Univ. of Md.
>
>   i386.linux.tar.gz
>   i386.linux.dyna...
>   i386.next3...
>   i386.sco...
>   i386.sco5...
>
>Do any of these have a chance of working with FBSD 2.1R ? If so how?

The SCO version might under ibcs2 emulation.  Under FreeBSD-current, the
Linux version should work too.

The people that make asWedit have said they would make a FreeBSD (NetBSD)
version if they had a development platform in-house.  You can contact
Andrzej Stochniol (A.Stochniol@ic.ac.uk) if you know anyone willing to
provide a system.

I've built ASHE successfully under FreeBSD, and it works OK.  It's pretty
basic (A Simple HTML Editor), but aswedit looks more promising.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org