Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:03:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stephen Rose <rose@dml.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jeff Smith <joedec@ix.netcom.com>
Subject:   Diamond Fireport 40

A friend of mine bought FreeBSD 2.2.2 for a pc that already has two ide
drives for MS operating systems.  I've had good luck with ncr controllers,
so he bought a Diamond Fireport 40 scsi card and disk for FreeBSD.  The
installation process doesn't seem to recognise the scsi card.  Is there
some way to get the install process to accept this card?  I've looked in
the archive and can't find the answer to this question, although there
seem to be people using this card successfully.  Thanks.

Steve Rose